February 2017 Member Salon
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 from 7:00 – 9:00pm
- RSVP by February 6 to Steve Szydlowski firstname.lastname@example.org
- PCPA gallery, 118 North Main Street, 2nd Floor, Providence, RI 02903
- Presentation by Cemal Ekin: “On the Walls or in the Hands: How to Present Your Work”
7:00 Informal discussion & refreshments
- Share current work, successes, issues
7:20 PCPA updates
- 2017 Exhibits: Current “New Year, New Beginning”, “3rd Open Call”, “Behind the Lens, Women in Photography”, “Unseen, Non-Visible Spectrum Photography”
- 2017 Workshop schedule
7:30 Cemal Ekin presents “On the Walls or in the Hands: How to Present Your Work”
Cemal Ekin has been involved in photography for over 60 years, exhibiting his work at in the United States and abroad. Cemal has published his photographs in books and magazines, presented his photographs framed on gallery walls and as more intimate folios, and marketed his work through printed brochures and his online blog, keptlight.com.
On Wednesday February 8 at 7pm, Cemal presents “On the Walls or in the Hands: How to Present Your Work” at Providence Center for Photographic Arts’ February Member Salon event. Digital printing workflow, paper choices, presentation options, and vendors for production will all be discussed. Examples of bound folios (books), loose folios, brochures, and business cards will help shape the discussion. Attendees will learn new options and strategies for presenting, promoting, and selling their work.
Q&A and discussion follow.
9:00 Closing announcements
- Announcement of March member salon topic and presentation